Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Why I Had Babies

November 22, 1995 - Life's just been going on these last couple of months.  We had Troy's first surgery a couple of weeks after we got home from vacation.  it was very successful and he looks wonderful.  He has put on a lot of weight since then and is 18 lbs. now and is trying to crawl and sit up.  He's the cutest little thing.  He sleeps through the night almost all the time now--thank goodness-- but last night he woke up at about 3:00 a.m.  He was soaking wet and cold.  After I had changed him and was sitting in my rocking chair giving him a bottle, I thought how satisfying it was to help this little brother of mine from Heavenly Father.  Even though I was tired and cold, I was warmed inside by his contentment.  I thought how blessed I have been to have these little ones--to care for their simple needs--a bottle, dry clothes, a bed in the night, and then to snuggle them next to me and touch their soft skin and gaze into their bright eyes, and feel the joy of having made them happy.  It's a spiritual experience to know that I have served the Savior as well by having done it unto one of the "least of these".  There have been many times in the past 6 months when I have been so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending this little angel to us.  He is the bright spot in my life.  Next Tuesday is the 2nd of his surgeries.  I hope everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment