Sunday, March 29, 2015

How to start my story?



Every Spring, when the Utah snow has melted and the days have become more sunny than stormy, something happens to my heart as I notice the flowers in my gardens begin to bloom and the trees along the streets of my home town explode into a cascade of pink and white blossoms.  It's as if a silent alarm goes off somewhere deep inside and a pressure begins to build in my chest.  Before I know it, the most random thought or a familiar song can bring tears to my eyes or maybe the sight of the beautiful blossoms on those trees will open the flood gates and I'll cry until the pressure disappears for awhile.  It happens this way every year because the sights and smells of Spring take me back to a sunny day in April when my 15 year old son, Troy, decided to create a permanent solution to a temporary problem and took his own life

No comments:

Post a Comment